Thursday, November 25, 2010

To Market To MARKit!

Preparing for Sunday's Craft Market
I spent the whole of today planting myself at my table near the window, sewing and sewing and packing and sewing tea towels and prints. I even whipped up a mailing list! It's been crazy here with non-stop sewing and packing action. All in preparation for this Sunday's big MARKit design market! I've got a stall there, all thanks to the lovely Kim Brockett of Craft Hatch and Craft Victoria. Thank you Kim! See, she's even written such a super post about me over on the Craft Victoria blog! Totally left me blushing. Haha.


I've been a Craft Hatchling for a while now. And I must say, my little Handmadelove business actually started off from my very first Craft Hatch market in early November last year. Since then, I've been part of two other Craft Hatches, and it's been super fun! It's such a comfortable market, with chairs, and tables all set up nicely. With the toilet just round the corner, and air conditioning, and at the City library/Degraves Street too. So far my lunch for the past few Craft Hatches, have been yummy sushi from the shops downstairs. Sushi's good. At least to me!
12935_1257063060281_1040752180_30818717_4881561_n
My very first Craft hatch back in November last year. In fact, my very first Craft Market in Australia!


It's great to know friendships have forged out of Craft Hatch too. I met the lovely ladies of Harvest Textiles at one of my Craft Hatching experience, and guess what? We've since stayed in touch. I'm actually starting a series of Kids classes at their new East Brunswick premises early next year! You'll see the brochures this Sunday at MARKit. Harvest textiles will be there too, along with so many other awesome crafters and designers. The lineup is simply amazing. I hope I don't end up leaving Darren to mind my stall while I go do some shopping myself! Hmm.. Highly likely I think!
Tea Towel wrappingNew print!
I'll be selling a limited number of tea towels, recipe prints, and also, a new recipe print which hasn't been listed in my shop just yet! So come on down and get your Christmas shopping done! See you then at Federation Square this Sunday! We'll all be there from 10am to 5pm!

0 comments:

Post a Comment