Sunday, November 28, 2010

MARKit roundup!

MARKit@ Fed SquareMARKit@ Fed SquareMARKit@ Fed SquareMARKit was a huge success! The crowd was huge, thanks to the rain, and it was non-stop action all the way! The 5.50am alarm clock and 7am bunk in, with moments of getting caught in the rain, was definitely all worth it. Thank you everyone for coming by. I think it is so nice knowing many people will be receiving nice handmade goodies this year for Christmas. I like it when I receive handmade things too. It makes it special, knowing somewhere out there, someone is behind it all, slowly working away at the sewing machine, printer, painstakingly making everything work together like magic. That sort of thought makes me smile and be glad I can be part of this entire community of special 'magic-makers'.

Thanks everyone for coming! And of course, a big thank you to Craft Hatch and Craft Victoria! Without them, I wouldn't even have had a stall at MARKit. Look out for more craft markets in the future! The next one up will be this exciting one right here! I'm saving my very last 5 tea towels for this market and several food recipe prints too. Yum yum yum! I won't be there on the day itself though. My parent will be arriving from Singapore! So I'll be popping by as a customer and the wonderul Lara, Jess and Emma will be selling my work on behalf. Aren't they super? I owe them one!

Anyway, I'll see you around, soon! I'm going into school today to possibly unstuff my sculptures and bring them home. Just the thought of it makes me feel a wee bit sad. But it's ok. It's the start to new beginnings! After my 'sculpture-business' I will be making a trip down to the bank with my stack of earnings from yesterday. Need to bank all of them in and 80% will be going to next month's rent. Ah, money comes in, money goes out. Such is life of an artist! Haha.

PS: Sorry about the quality of pictures. All shot on my iphone! Oops!

0 comments:

Post a Comment