Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Time to sit back and relax

Flowers and a new dressFrench beans
I finally found time after work today to treat myself with a much needed time-off. I've been stressing over grad show the entire year. I got so stressed, I actually fell sick and was sick on and off for a good half a year. Today, with grad show all wrapped up ( well, sort of. I still need to bring home my sculptures on Thursday ), I went to my favourite suburb and walked around without any art making in my mind. I treated myself to some fish sans chips ( I do not like chips! ), a huge ice cream which I couldn't even finish, bought some fresh flowers and popped into the bookshop. Oh and I bought some yummy french beans for dinner too. It was so nice to finally be able to sit down and relax and just not think about work. After this Thursday's 'de-install', I will officially be taking a big long christmas holiday. That means, no art making ( I'm a known workaholic, so I'll have to try very hard on this one! ) and just sitting back, enjoying life and relaxing till I'm all geared up for next year. I always believe in taking a break and then coming back all refreshed, ready to make better art. Well, this tactic's been working like a gem for me the past 3 years. So I'm pretty excited about it. Oh hello holidays, it's so nice to meet you again!

0 comments:

Post a Comment