Friday, January 21, 2011

Albert Park

Albert ParkWalking aroundNew Holland cafeLeavesFish sans chips at Albert ParkAlbert Park
Seriously, there's so much to love about that place. I know it's an 'expensive area' and some have said it's a really 'snobby' suburb. But so far, I haven't had any unfriendly/snobby experiences there. And I've been frequenting the place for a while now since it's close to home. To begin with, it's such a leafy little suburb with beautiful victorian houses. There's a nice yarn shop, a library with friendly staff, a bookshop that has such a great collection of art and design books. There's also my favourite fish and chips, ice cream and burger shop. ( Note, three different food shops, but all in one similar place! ) Lots of dogs and their owners, kids on tiny bicycles. It's also close to the beach. Now, I think I sound like some property agent or something. But well, how can you not love such a place!

Off I go to Albert Park to pick up some reserved library books and to the yarn shop to seek some knitting help! I finished knitting my first circular scarf but it refuses to uncurl itself! You know like how some new scarves curl up? Yes, it's doing that too me. I also realized I knitted it a bit too small for looping around the neck twice! But it's still wearable. I'm working on a second scarf now. I learnt how to knit stripes, so it's going to be mainly navy with a block of red on one end and oatmeal on the other. Kind of like a sailor scarf I think. 
Have a super weekend everyone! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment