Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Good things come to those who wait

Polka dotsMarais ChelseaNew Boots
Finally, after almost a year of contemplating, I finally caved in today and bought myself a pair of Marais chelsea ankle boot. I have been dreaming of a pair since I first saw it on Jenny's flickr and later on, on Stephanie's blog. I know I know. It's Summer right now. Why on earth do I need boots like these? But you see, I'm already secretly preparing for Autumn and Winter. I absolutely hate the heat and these days with Melbourne being so hot and humid, I can't wait for Winter to arrive. To be honest, all I need now is a thicker coat and possibly one more pair of jeans (since I only have one pair and one thin jacket that's wearing out), and I'm all set for Winter.

My parents have been bugging me to go shop for clothes after they've seen how sad my wardrobe is. But you see, I am rather bad when it comes to shopping for clothes. I always end up going into the same usual stores and everyone's in there. I hate the idea of buying clothing that's mass produced. Everyone wears it and it's not original at all. I kind of like things from Gorman, Obus and those designer shops, where stuff is made in editions, but that means they're expensive. So I end up just window shopping. I do most of my shopping online these days. Do you happen to know of any nice affordable online shops that I might like? I'm into clean geometric designs, lines and plaids. And almost every other day, I imagine myself all decked out in A.P.C and Steven Alan. Hmm. I know. I have such expensive tastes.

PS: I now offer custom recipe drawings!

0 comments:

Post a Comment