Thursday, January 20, 2011

Knitting Bug

KnittingNew Yarn
Seems like I've caught on the knitting bug. Okay, actually I've been feeling very uninspired of late and am in no mood for art making at all. So I've been knitting instead. Oops! Since my last post, I've been to Woolbaa since it's near home and bought the cutest speckled tweed yarn. 2 balls of it in fact. One in a navy black and the other in a cobalt blue. I spent the whole of last night experimenting and trying to understand how to knit a loop scarf using circular needles. I got confused and mistook a loop scarf for a mobius scarf. No wonder I ended up totally lost while watching all the youtube how-to videos. My needles and stitches certainly didn't look anything like those shown. While googling further, I somehow ended up with this page here and problems solved! I'm almost done with my loop scarf. Just a few more rounds, then cast off and viola, my first scarf!

I screwed up the oatmeal one I was doing and had to start all over. I put that aside because my red yarn was calling out to me so I started working with some size 4 needles to make a normal scarf. I'm rather slow when it comes to making a straight scarf. Maybe because it's a bit tiny and I feel like it takes forever. But yes I will persevere! Thank you for all the tips, I am such a noob when it comes to this whole knitting thing. I'm learning as I go. So those tips were all really useful! I looked into those Japanese Noro yarns. So beautiful but very expensive. Maybe I'll get them when I'm better at this.

Sorry to all you non-knitters. Hope I don't bore you with this whole knitting talk!

0 comments:

Post a Comment