Sunday, January 16, 2011

Lemon and Sugar Crepes

Lemon and Suagr CrepesMaking Crepes

Ingredients:
1 cup plain flour
1 tsp caster sugar
240 ml milk
2 eggs
1/2 a lemon
(Makes about 12 crepes)
  • Whisk all ingredients in a mixing bowl till smooth. 
  • Strain, cover and set aside for 30 minutes at room temperature
  • Dip paper towel in melted butter. Grease base of non-stick pan.
  • Over small to medium heat, using a small ladle, ladle about 3 tbs worth of batter onto pan. 
  • Using base of ladle, spread batter out in a circular motion
  • Cook for about a minute, or until base of crepe turns golden brown
  • Remove crepe from pan, squeeze lemon juice and sprinkle sugar
Viola!
*****

note: Crepes are meant to be thin, so make sure you don't scoop too much batter onto the pan. 
Also, you need to be quick when it comes to spreading the batter out in circular motions. 
Oh and I sometimes don't bother setting aside my batter for 30 minutes. It still works fine.

So, I've been cooking and testing bits of recipes here and there, for a food publication I'm making.  I've gathered 16 talented creative types and together, we're making a yummy cookbook, filled with homemade recipes and my food illustrations. I'll show you more as I go along! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment