Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Kids Art Classes!

Last weekIn case you have kids ages 4 to 7, I'm doing a series of kids art classes at  Harvest Workroom, East Brunswick! Yes I know, it's pretty exciting and I cannot wait to get back into teaching! It has been oh so long! ( I used to teach little kids art for about say 4 years prior to living in Melbourne )

Anyway, the classes will be fun I assure you. I've already been busy picking out all the materials, and sourcing for fun books for each class. I believe in having a storytelling session that's related to the day's project, at the start of each class. Makes it more enjoyable I think!

Well, for starters, we'll be making a veggie patch/garden box with our own paper flowers and vegetables! Followed by a second class where we'll be building super sandcastles out of recycled materials. The third class will be filled with lots of sequins, felt, stuffing and crazy sparkly bits, as we create our very own giant ice cream. And of course, the fourth class will be a still-life drawing class, but with a twist! PS: I hate still -life drawing when I was a kid so I think making it fun and different will be a good idea.

I start classes in February, every Wednesday afternoon. 2.30 to 4.10pm for the little kiddies ( Ages 4 to 5 ) and 4.30 to 6.10pm for the bigger kiddies ( Ages 6 to 7 ). Information and sign up here!

0 comments:

Post a Comment