Sunday, November 22, 2009

Once Upon A Time...

There was a girl named Dawn. She loved drawing and painting and was lucky to be able to be part of a giant fairytale story, involving 37 other fantastic prince and princess artists! Under the magical blessings of two fairy sisters Angela and Renee, each of these 38 prince and princesses were told a fairytale bedtime story, so they could live and daydream and create artworks based on the stories. Princess Dawn got to listen to 'Thumbelina' and these were the artworks she came up with whilst daydreaming....
Friendly Mr SparrowMs Field MouseThumbelinaMr Toad
Yes yes! I am back from Sydney! Wooohooo! It was such a blessing to be able to fly up to Sydney to attend our giant fairytale opening! It felt like I was going to a ball!

Anyway, my artworks are now available for sale online here!
There are also 4 limited edition prints available for each of my drawings. Only $25 each! : )

So, for today, as I'm still recovering from my crazy whirlwind holiday, I'll just post photos from our opening night!
Leeloo's Once Upon Opening NightChrissy Lau, Ben's friend, Ben and myselfLeeloo's Once Upon Opening NightEloise, Ebony and myselfLeeloo's Once Upon Opening NightThumbelina and the friendly SparrowThumbelinaRenee, myself and Ben
I had so much fun minus the crazy heat inside the gallery! I was able to meet Renee and Angela, the wonderful curators of the show! Thank you girls! You both did a magical job! : ) I also finally got to meet Miss Ebony kawaii Bizys of Hellosandwich! Along with her funny friend Eloise who works as a fabric designer! ( how cool is that! ) Ben, Chrissy Lau, Amy Borrell, Sarah Mcneil and so many more!

I was so excited before the opening and had butterflies in my stomach! But I'm glad it all went really well and sweet! Just like a happy fairytale indeed! Nice! Anyway, if you would like to purchase any works, or take a look at what the other artists have done, you could pop over the the Once Upon website and take a look! My works are up for sale and I've got just 4 prints available too! So go take a look! All our art pieces would make such nice christmas presents, don't you think? : )

*************************

It was so much fun! Being in Sydney and all. I was a bit sad to have to come home so fast. But you know, I still love Melbourne, so it wasn't that difficult to leave Sydney. Haha. I took so many photos! Over 400 actually! Yes, I went snap snap snap! All the way : ) And to show you all the wonderful places I've been to in just one single blog post, that's impossible. So I've decided to break up my entire Sydney trip into a few posts. So do keep coming back daily ( I'll try ) for new Sydney adventure photos!

Alright, off I go. I need to get some stuff for tonight's dinner. I'm making hainanese chicken rice! It's now almost 3 and I should run off. Also, to get myself lunch!
See you soon!
xx


0 comments:

Post a Comment