Monday, November 23, 2009

Sydney: Arrival

George stGeorge stGalleryGallery chairsSweet shop Best Pad ThaiChat Thai on Campbell stCheap mangoes
We arrived in Sydney early in the morning and the very first thing that hit me after we reached the city, was the fact that Sydney is a really really hectic/confusing city! You know how it is in Melbourne, whereby the city is just basically a rectangular grid system. Pretty much dummy-proof. You see, I'm a failure when it comes to reading maps. I turn them to the left, to the right, all around and I probably would still not be able to figure out the right way! Yes, I know!

Thank goodness for Darren, we kind of figured our way out in the end. Lucky for me, I've got a semi-photographic memory. Whereas Darren's the sort who's good at maps. So I usually just tell him if I recall seeing the place/surrounds before while on the bus, on the internet, and he'll find the right way out. It's great that the both of us work well together this way!

Anyway, after finding our way around the city, we had thai lunch at this wonderful cafe. It was so so good! We ordered Pad Thai, spring rolls which came with crab meat ( The real deal, not the fake fish cake sort ), warm salad and dessert. So good, we ate till we were too full! But no regrets! Easily one of the best thai meals I've had in years!

After lunch, we decided to roam around the city and check out a little gallery, the famous paddy's market ( which we found a bit boring, since we weren't really into touristy things and souvenirs ) and walked all around till we got so warm we started dreaming of nice cold cheap mangoes. We came across a fruit stall and I wanted mangoes, but the thought of getting my hands all sticky, wasn't really enticing, so we settled for some Boost juice instead!

Definitely a lifesaver in the crazy 36 degree heat!

Alright, more in my next post!
( Which will be about the interiors of a wonderful building! )
xxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment