Sunday, July 4, 2010

Weekend

What my weekend was all about
Not sure about you, but I really love grocery shopping. This weekend, I went to an all-organic farmers market, a supermarket and a fresh food market. I think the farmer's market was the best. I got some nice beautiful pumpkins and a leek. Great for roasting and soup making. Apart from all the marketing, Darren and I ( mostly me ) went a little crazy at the Borders 40% sale. We bought Stephanie Alexander's Kitchen Garden Companion. We have been eyeing it for the longest of time. While Darren loves the how - to grow your own produce bits, I enjoy reading the recipes, so it's great that we can both benefit from the book. It's such an awesome book, especially if you like growing and harvesting your own produce. We do. But living in a walkup apartment is a little difficult to do so. So for now, we just grow some herbs, beans and radishes, spring onions. The next time I have a proper home with a garden space, I'll be building an apple-crate garden I'm sure. They sure do look kinda cute!

Anyway, I've been making some macaroon soft sculptures. These are not done. But just thought a little picture update might interest you. I've still working on making some lemon, mint, blueberry, strawberry, lavender, green tea ones.
What I've been up to the whole of today

0 comments:

Post a Comment