Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Thank you!

I was reading a friend's blog and she mentioned Sweet lorraine by Frank Sinatra. And now I can't stop listening to it. I love Sinatra, Louis Armstrong, Ella Fitzgerald and Nat King Cole. There's just something about their voices, their songs that makes me wish I was from their era. But then again, if I was, I would be a really old lady now. And I probably won't be blogging. Which is kind of weird, considering how blogging has been part of my life for so long. I was just counting the other day, can you believe I've been blogging for almost 10 years now? That's crazy! I don't know anyone else who has stuck on with blogging for so long. Do you? Maybe you have been blogging for as long as I have too! It'd be nice to know someone else who blogged on diaryland-x before it 'died'. Haha. I think it was called diaryland-x. Was it? I can't really remember.

I think blogging is just wonderful. There's this niceness that comes out of it. I started blogging because I thought it was kind of cool, and at 13, it seemed cool to blog. But my blog was all about this and that, everyday rants mainly, with the occasional gushing about certain cute boy crushes. Funny, I know! No one read my blog, I think. But I just kept blogging. Strange. Maybe because I was a diary-writing sort of girl. I remember writing in my diary and blogging all in the same day and I would repeat what I wrote and I found that really silly. I ended up deserting my diary. I think it felt two-timed!

Anyway, over the years, as I moved around from different blog hosting sites, I realized my blog became more about my art, about my progression in life as a creative, crafty-type girl. I never expected all you readers to come read my blog, but somehow all of you did and I'm glad many of you enjoy what I write. I always write straight from my heart and just say whatever I want, without holding back. I share whatever I fancy and show pictures I take, outfits I wear, things I made. And I am so thankful so many of you enjoy what I do and leave such sweet comments and emails. So thank you so much! I always try to reply, but sometimes I get too busy! But do know I still read and smile at every single one of your comments!

As a tiny thank you gift, here's 2 little things I'd like to do:

First up, a little recipe for you, for some lemon and sugar crepes! I made them this morning, they are kind of yummy!
The recipe makes about 10 crepes!
Homemade Lemon sugar crepes
Basic crepe recipe
And a little giveaway of one of my hand bound books, along with a little print from my shop.
Hand bound bookHand bound book
All you need to do is to leave a comment with your email address! And I will pick a random winner next Tuesday morning, on the 27th. Now go have some fun making those crepes and entering you name for the giveaway!

Thank you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment