Thursday, July 1, 2010

More marshmallows

Another Marshmallow bag picture
I realized I forgot to upload this picture the other time. So here it is. I actually like this picture because it's kind of simple, and I like the lines in it. But the lack of marshmallows in the bag kind of spoils it for me. I went to school today to get some fabrics and guess what I saw? My lecturers left me a funny post it note. They stuck it on my Marshmallow bag ( The real edible small packet, not the big sculpture one ) On it, they wrote: "Dear Dawn, to celebrate your achievements this semester, we have decided to open your bag of marshmallows and enjoy it amongst ourselves. Ooh Yum! xx All of us!"

How funny! To think that the bag has been left unopened on my table for 16 weeks, and throughout the weeks, they have been coming around into my studio, commenting on how weird the bag looks and if it's still edible and that I should throw it away. And now it's all in their stomachs. Hmm. A little strange but yes. They're funny. I think my giant marshmallow bag sculpture made them too hungry. Anyway, I'm working on making some macaroon mini sculptures. My first try at it was kind of horrible. I wanted to sew 'feet' for them, but I think they would look yucky with the extra bit.
Uneven sized macaroon plushie
Also, I was too stingy with the filling, But it's alright, everyone fails at making macaroons the first time too anyway. My second and third one turned out much better. I think practice makes perfect. I'll show you more soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment