Thursday, July 15, 2010

Look at what's been growing!

I hope they're the right sizeFresh from the garden!My very first attempt at growing French breakfast radishes! These are incredibly easy to grow, and look so cute. I pulled three out this afternoon, out of the 20 odd I planted. I am not very sure how big these are supposed to be. But the packet says it's ready. I think they are a wee bit skinny and tiny still. But I'm presuming they are of the right size? Not sure. Do you grow French breakfast radishes? Do you like eating them? How do you cook them, and what do you eat them with?
Reading up on radishes
I was reading Stephanie Alexander's Kitchen Garden Companion, and she said it's really yummy, prepared the french way, with just butter and sea salt? Or as the Italians like it, with a dash of extra virgin olive oil. Sounds easy! Do you have any ideas how to go about preparing them? if you do, I'd love to hear from you! I've never eaten french breakfast radishes before so all your advice would be super!

0 comments:

Post a Comment