Tuesday, May 24, 2011

More painting!

Wall painting at ObusWall painting at ObusWall painting at Obus
Round 2 of wall painting at Obus today. And I'm done! Thanks to my sister who came and helped out again. She even sneakily left a little 'Z' when signing off. She says she needs to be credited too, for painting all those pots. True and fair enough! So, the wall is all ready for opening night at 6pm tomorrow. I hope the weather holds up and isn't too cold. I'm planning to wear a nice gingham dress with a blazer and my summery bright red open-toe clogs! I know. I'm crazy! Anyway, come on down if you're free. It opens at 6pm and closes at 9!

Oh and thank you so much for all the positive feedback. Ebony of Hellosandwich tweeted about it on twitter. Penny wrote about it on her wonderful new green blog. And the wonderful creatives over at Many Triangle did a little write up too. Thanks to all those who came down, walked past and smiled while we painted. it is truly very encouraging. One of the kids from my Harvest art classes even came along with his mom specially to check out the wall! That totally made my feel so warm and fuzzy inside. A pity I'd already finish painting by then. But thanks for coming anyway! I'll be sure to take some photos tomorrow!

Obus presents Wall Project #2
Dawn Tan 'A Spot of Green'
Opening Wednesday 25th of May, 2011
 At Obus city store 
289 Flinders Lane, Melbourne
6 - 9pm

0 comments:

Post a Comment