Thursday, June 23, 2011

Kirra Jamison

Kirra JamisonKirra JamisonKirra JamisonKirra Jamison
I have been a fan of Kirra Jamison's work for about 2 1/2 years now. I first came across her work while on a random walkabout in Richmond. I remember going into art galleries around Richmond that day after one of my classes. By chance, it started raining heavily and I ended up seeking shelter in Sophie Gannon Gallery. Whoops! I know. Kirra was having her 'Slow down, you move too fast' solo show and I remember being mesmerized by her work. I ended up leaving with a little show catalog, with details of the pieces. You know, I still keep that catalog. In fact, I've taken it out a lot of times, stuck it on my wall and kept it again for fear of yellowing the pages/card. I think to date, I've taken out and kept and taken out the postcard about 5 times!

Anyway, Kirra has another show opening tonight. I am down with a really miserable cold but I'm so going. I need to see those 4 pieces shown above. They're my favourite out of the lot she's done. If I had to choose my favourite out of the 4, I'd say the pink one! Imagine having that on a white wall! Until the day I can afford a piece, I'll be crossing my fingers hoping that maybe tonight there'll be postcards or another show catalog. Just so I can get it framed and hung on my wall, pretending I'm an art collector.

0 comments:

Post a Comment