Wednesday, June 1, 2011

First day at my new studio

My little nookJess and Emma gave me flowers!Some potted plants
It's official! As an artist, I've officially moved into my very first rented studio! I now share my studio space at Harvest Workroom with the talented ladies of Harvest Textiles, Peter Barrett and also Emily Green! This is kind of a huge thing for me. Having a studio space as compared to working from home, it's really a big luxury. But I think this works for me. I've tried working from home in the past. It just doesn't feel right. I get so lazy and distracted and working is generally really slow. There's always the housework to do and dinner to cook. Yesterday while I unpacked my stuff and settled right in, I managed to finish sketching 3 commissioned drawings! Reply almost all my emails, take some photos, do a blog post and even prepared for today's kids and adult classes! Now, that in my opinion is so much more efficient!

PS: See that little vase of red flowers? Emma and Jess got them for me! It was sitting on my desk when I arrived. How cute are those ladies!

0 comments:

Post a Comment