Thursday, June 16, 2011

Update

Hi Dawn,
This is the contact detail
taynong@hotmail.com You can get your sister or anybody to go down anytime there will be staff to attend to you. Please get your sister to bring your patent documents down. Please bring the copy that is approved by Singapore. You can send it to me via email if the physical copy is not in Singapore. I have received comments from your friends/blog readers on my Facebook page with regards to your post on your blog, http://mycrafty.blogspot.com/2011/06/shame-on-you.html


"Argh! How many times must creative types, artists repeat this. Stop stealing our work! Go create your own and stop stealing. Okay. i am just disappointed once again that my work has been stolen yet again. This time round a Singaporean label Victoria Jomo has stolen my work ( God knows how many they stole! ) and reprinted them on to shirts."


I have already told you that we have no idea what designs are yours and we don't follow or read your blog at all. And because of your accusation, there are people out there that has gotten the wrong information and like you, are accusing with no base. I suggest you do something to let people who have the wrong idea know that we did not steal your work and that we were wrongly accused soon. I will be forwarding all email conversation, your blog address and your first Facebook comment to my lawyer. This is just to let you know in case all these are being use against you legally.


Regards
Victoria
( Email from Victoria Jomo )
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It has been brought to my attention that Victoria Jomo did not steal any of my work. They emailed me to tell me that, along with lots of other stuff like how I, along with some of you readers, wrongly accused them. Yes, the shop has been selling shirts with my work on it. But they got the shirts from this other supplier/wholesaler. Let's assume it's not their fault and that they were just perhaps sad to say, a bit ignorant on their part for not checking up on the background of each work. Sorry to have caused such a huge booboo everyone. It is really not my fault that people choose to steal. Or even buy work that's stolen. Victoria Jomo sold shirts with my stolen work months ago although and I had expected that the onus would be to affirm that one wouldn't be purchasing copyright-infringed works in the future (especially where the design is similar!).

It's been a really long and trying day. I've been working 15 hours straight today and I'm just so tired and mentally exhausted. I found out a couple of minutes ago, from a close friend... another shop in Singapore sold shirts with my artworks on them. Yes. You heard me. Another shop. Another stolen work issue. IN ONE DAY. Oh yes. I've been quite passive over this entire issue for the past year but Darren is urging me to organise legal representation.

But like I said, this day's getting too long. I'm off to bed for I cannot possibly shed anymore tears. I know, I'm such a softie. That's what 15 hours of working does to me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment