Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Change of mind, change of policy...

 

(picture of work in progress just to pretty up this post, more on the Foxes next time)

Since my previous post, I have given the whole selling from patterns a lot of thought, in addition to reading Abby's post and the comments made for her 'softie's for sale' series.  It made me think back to my time working within the craft kit industry, marketing, added value and various other technicalities of running a business.

All of this has led me to a conclusion, and that is to have a change in policy.

I've amended the tutorial page on the blog, and also the sidebar, but in short, it means craft items made using any of my free tutorials and PDF patterns (which are coming soon!) can be made to sell

There are a few stipulations noted within the new policy page, nothing too major though.  Unfortunately, the new policy does not cover the patterns from the books, Countryside Softies, Little Birds and Countdown Calendars.  Published books come under a different banner as the copyright restrictions are set by the publisher, not me. 

My hope is that this is an enlightening decision, and also make future PDF patterns have a greater appeal to purchase.  What do you reckon, good idea??

0 comments:

Post a Comment