Thursday, February 2, 2012

Leaves,

Lately, I have been inspired by nature and in particular, ways of stitching leaves,

(which is your favorite?, from left to right there's darning stitch, open satin stitch, and fly stitch, I love the woven darning stitch)

the embroidery, which I just had to try out, came from this book

Then there's always old faithful, leaves involving a bit of felt applique,

and next, it's time to add some leaves to this rose.

The snow has now inspired me to put the heating on constant,
I'm freezing here, I may even get under the duvet and do a bit of sewing till it's time for the school run!

And talking of nature, I think (fingers crossed) I managed to purchase one of these on Friday.  Oh the excitement, how on earth am I going to be able to part with it for valentines day?!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment