Thursday, February 2, 2012

Julie Arkell workshop,

well, what a day!,

what a wonderful day, with a lovely group of ladies.

Julie is an inspiration,

and amazingly quick and neat when demonstrating how to make one of her 'creatures'.

It was great to be able to see her work so closely.

Now, I haven't done any papier mache for years, so with some trepidation, I donned my apron, rolled up my sleeves and stuck my hands in a pot of cold, gooey, wallpaper paste!.

Today was a bit of a family affair for me as Lucy was in the next room doing her usual saturday morning 'art club' class. Was made all the nicer for seeing her beaming face as her teacher brought all the little ones in so they could see what was going on, she was delighted to find that I'd made a start on moulding a mini Lucy for her.

By lunch time, mini Lucy needed to dry out a bit, so a mini Luke was the next task.

They are both now sat at home drying, they still need quite a bit of work, a few more layers of paper, the feet adjusting so they stand properly, then painting and clothes. I put noses on my 'creatures', Lucy wears glasses, so the plan is to make her a little pair out of wire, I thought a nose would help stop the glasses slipping off.


When I had finished, there was some extra time, so I had a go at a little toadstool too. Can't wait to finish them all!

0 comments:

Post a Comment