Friday, October 8, 2010

Calendar Making

Making a Calendar for 2011InspirationSpent the whole day today making a nice little A4 Calendar, which will be available for sale soon. Mid November, or if all goes well, end of October! It was a bit hard deciding if I should have a sweet or savoury recipe drawing for my 2011 calendar. Miss Penny suggested something vegetarian. Being a 'meatarian' ( okay actually I eat lots of vegetables too. I love my greens, but yes, I'm a meat person ), I never really thought of that before. So thanks for the suggestion! I ended up going with a dessert so vegetarians can enjoy it too! A yummy whisked spongecake with strawberries and cream! I got the recipe from Jamie Oliver's magazine. I always love his recipes. They're pretty easy and fuss-free.
Sewing up some green peas
Apart from drawing, I've been sewing some green peas. Haha. Yes! They look funny. Green blobby bits. Haha. They're for my Yorkshire pudding sculpture. I'll post some photos next week!

For now, have a great weekend! To those who live in Melbourne, are you going to Finders Keepers? I am! I've been waiting three years for it to come to Melbourne. It's finally here. I'm so going, and nothing is going to stop me. Haha. Poor Darren will have to go 'girly shopping' with me too. Thank god he kind of likes these sort of crafty-type things too. So it won't be that bad for him. Haha.

Oh and as a nice Friday morning surprise, guess what I found? A write up feature on my art + me on Lifelounge! Awesome and so super funny. I had a good laugh to be honest. Thanks nice people at Lifelounge!

0 comments:

Post a Comment