Monday, October 25, 2010

Nearing the end

Studio on FridayAlmost done!
I seem to have way too much on hand right now. Somehow I seem to not know how to say no to things. Anyway, I planted myself to my chair today and finished both my essays, and then dragged 3 big bags of stuffing to my studio, and planted myself there and finished sewing my huge fruit cake box. I am so glad to have finally finish sewing all my seven sculptures. I just have to stuff two of them with lots of stuffing and build platforms for all of them, and then I am done. Done!

I've been working on all my sculptures, 5, sometimes 7 days a week, for almost a year now. They are so much fun to sew. But at times, I find myself going crazy just looking at them. Lots of needle pricks, effort, money and love goes into each sculpture. And today when I was finally done with my last sculpture, I sat in my chair looking at all them. I'm not sure why, but I felt this sudden bit of sadness in me. I started wondering if anyone else other than myself, would love them as much as I do, and buy them, considering they're huge and not your typical on-the-wall sort of art. All of them will be on sale at really affordable prices, during my graduation show ( which opens on the 22nd! Come say hi! ). These sculptures have, over the months, become such great company. I often give them hugs, I fall asleep on them while sewing sometimes. I eat my lunch while they sit quietly beside me. I am really crossing all my fingers, toes and strands of my hair and hoping they'll go to nice new homes. I'm hoping someone would love them as much as I do, and bring them home, so they can smile whenever they see them.

PS: North Melbourne Market was so much fun. I took some pictures. Darren helped by mending and buying nice flowers for our little stall. Thank you Darren! And thank you to those of you who came and said hi. It was so nice meeting you all. Oh and my etsy shop's now stocked with several new prints and a new 2011 calendar.

0 comments:

Post a Comment