Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Guess what came in the mail?

Dish Cloth/tea towel!Detail shotDishcloth/tea towel!Amazingly printed tea towels! With my art on it! I was so excited when Darren handed them to me. There was a bit of an 'ahhh and oooh-ing'. I must say, I am pretty amazed with the quality of printing! The print out is exactly the same as my original drawing. Hooray! These tea towels, came in the mail yesterday. A whole 3 yards worth! I spent a good part of my day in the studio cutting it up and preparing each piece carefully for sewing. I need to hem the sides nicely, minus the yellow border, which were just there so I know where to hem, and pack each individual one neatly along with the recipe!

I was just cutting them yesterday, and five of my friends/lecturers saw them and immediately made a pre-order. Hooray! So I'm left with 7 which I will be selling at MARKit on the 28th November. Looks like I will need to order some more! I was thinking $28 might be a little expensive for a tea towel. But people who've seen it says it's cheap and that I should make it more expensive, considering the plain good quality ones at the supermarket are already $20! Well, I'd like to think my art can be placed in anyone's home, so I prefer if it's an affordable price. I think they make good presents one can buy for their girlfriend, boyfriend, husband, wife, mum, dad, child, friend, the list goes on!

Anyway, I posted a picture of it on twitter yesterday and some have asked if they could pre-order for christmas. So yes!
Each tea towel is $28 USD, and they're printed on Linen-cotton Canvas. *Machine wash warm or cool, using phosphate-free detergent. If you would like one, just shoot me an email at dawntanwenyi@gmail.com, and we can arrange to make payment via paypal. I'll be able to send them out end November! Just in time for your Christmas giving!

I'm going into the studio later in the day to start hemming the sides! Oh Yay!
x

0 comments:

Post a Comment