Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Table Today

Table todayBeen working on making new recipe drawings
I kind of divide my art life into two parts.
1. In my studio, where I make crazy human size sculptures and sew like a mad woman.
2. At home at my table, drawing and painting smaller scale recipe drawings. Sometimes I move to the living room, where I can sit in front of the television, in the sun, and watch Ellen and Oprah while I draw.

I think the way I work and separate my art-making into two different locations, makes it co-exist pretty well. I wonder how it's going to be like next year when I move and have to work, not to mention fit everything in a presumably-tiny room.

Anyway, my nice friend Jinghui, came over to work on her thesis while I worked hard making brooches and some new recipe drawings. We are both so stressed, three more weeks or so to deadlines. It's nice we can actually work together and motivate each other to concentrate on our own work. We worked on our design grad show about 4 years ago. I slept over at her place and we worked hard into the night. Haha. So much fun. We should do it again, only this time she'll be writing and I'll be drawing. Still fun I reckon! Miss Hui, please come over again soon! : )

0 comments:

Post a Comment