Sunday, August 9, 2009

Happy Birthday Singapore!

Happy Birthday Singapore!
Celebrating National Day
Being home away from home, I still think of you. It's funny how I have two homes. One in Singapore where all my family and friends are, and another here in Melbourne where my friends are too! But you see, even though I'm so far away from my little tiny red dot on a map-homeland, I still miss home. My friends and I gathered for a little Singaporean-style holiday. And I woke up this morning, belting out all those lovely homespun Singapore tunes. It's really like what they say and sing in those songs, about having this warm fuzzy feeling when you've travelled for long and returned home to the familiarity and smells of Singapore. That's when you know you're home. Whether you like it or not. I know I do. And I often think about Singapore and it's quirky sights.

Happy birthday and I'll be back soon! : )

0 comments:

Post a Comment