Monday, August 31, 2009

Thank you!

Thank you!
Thank you!
Thank you!

Yesterday, right after my yummy breakfast, I headed to school and started feeling crampy not long after. I was feeling all unwell and sick in class and had to leave earlier. It rained and I got caught in the rain, and almost puked while walking home. What a horrible horrible experience. I came home and sent myself straight to a warm shower, came out, made myself a warm cup of honey drink and crawled into bed hoping my silly cramps would go away.

I think I kind of drifted in and out of sleep for a while, until Darren came home and guess what? I had two little parcels arrive in the mail! Receiving and opening my mail in bed totally cheered me up and made me feel much better. Talented Miss Amy sent me a cute original drawing and a photograph print of hers! I'm so lucky! You can buy more of her stuff in her cute shop!
$12 Etsy blouse
And my $12 blouse from Etsy came too! It's so cute and so quirky, I'm wearing it tonight for my tiny group show opening. ( Yup, I have another one this week. Really busy! ) I'll show you more pictures of the top soon! Will probably wear it this weekend and get some photos taken!

For now, I'm still in pain : ( Silly silly cramps! I've decided to give myself a break, stay at home these two days, only go for classes and maybe an hour max of painting in my studio. I'm running quite dry on ideas for now. Too many ideas, I need to focus. But being so hard on myself makes me even less focused. So I should really try and not think about painting. So when I return to my studio on Thursday, I'll be able to start fresh and make new work.

In the meantime, I'm going to watch this film and cheer myself up, crossing my fingers and hoping this silly pain goes away.

PS: If you've got good remedies for curing period cramps, please let me know! I'm sure other readers would love to find out for themselves too! : )

0 comments:

Post a Comment